Hotel near the Louvre : 4 words which describe the Hotel Britannique perfectly as it is indeed just a few minutes’ walk from the famous Parisian museum.
Don’t leave Paris without having visited its splendid permanent collections or its fascinating temporary exhibitions !
Hotel near the Louvre: welcome to the Hotel Britannique
An absolute must if you are staying at the Hotel Britannique :
With almost 9 million people passing through its doors each year, the Louvre Museum is the most visited museum in the world. If it attracts so many art lovers, it is above all because it houses 3500 remarkable works some of which date back to Antiquity.
Every region of the world is represented, with paintings and sculptures created in Europe as well as some exceptional works from the Near East and Asia.
The world-famous paintings on display at the Louvre include the Mona Lisa by Leonardo da Vinci (1503-1506), as well as Liberty Leading the People by Eugène Delacroix (1830) and the the Raft of the Medusa by Theodore Géricault (1819).
How to get to the Musée du Louvre?
- By metro: Palais Royal – Musée du Louvre station, lines 1 and 7
- By bus: lines no. 21, 24, 27, 39, 48, 68, 69, 72, 81 and 95
- By bike: Velib’ stations 2 place André Malraux, 165 rue Saint-Honoré, 5 rue de l’Echelle, and 186 rue Saint-Honoré
- By boat: Louvre stop with the Batobus, on Quai François Mitterrand
- Museum opening times: Open every day from 9 am to 6 pm, Wednesdays and Fridays until 9.45 pm. Closed on Tuesdays.
- Further information : Musée du Louvre