Theatre du Chatelet is hosting from 10th to 16th February 2013 the talented cast of the Peony Pavilion.These artists, directed by Tamasaburo Bando, invite the Parisian public to discover the magnificent Kunqu masterpiece. An unmissable event for opera lovers, being performed less than a minute’s walk from the Hotel Britannique !
Theatre du Chatelet : just a few metres from the Hotel Britannique
Don’t delay in buying your tickets at the Theatre du Chatelet and booking your room at the Hotel Britannique, as these exceptional performances are bound to appeal to large audiences. Indeed, this is the first time this unique adaptation of the Peony Pavilion has been performed in Europe! After having conquered Beijing, where it was staged in 2008, this Chinese classic opera has had rave reviews wherever it has performed, from Shanghai to Tokyo and from Suzhou to Hong Kong. Note: The Peony Pavilion, which tells the love story between Liu Mengmei and Du Liniang, is a huge epic told in 55 acts, composed in 1598 by the Chinese poet Tang Xianzu. It is probably one of the most beautiful examples of the Kunqu opera genre.
The Peony Pavilion : At the Theatre du Chatelet from 10th to 16th February 2013
- Cast: Yu Jiu Lin, Zhu Hui Ying, Lu Fu Hai, Shen Guo Fang…
- Dates & Times: Sunday 10th February at 4 pm, Monday 11th February at 8 pm, Tuesday 12th February at 8 pm, Wednesday 13th February at 8 pm, Thursday 14th February at 8 pm, Friday 15th February at 8 pm, Saturday 16th February at 8 pm
- Ticket prices : from €25.50 to €92.50
- Theatre address: 2 Rue Edouard Colonne – Paris 1st arrondissement
- Metro station: Châtelet (lines 1, 4, 7, 11, 14)
- Information and booking and reservation on the site of the Theatre du Châtelet