The Notre Dame Cathedral Paris isn’t only the most visited monument in Paris, it is also among the most fascinating !
Notre Dame Cathedral Paris, a listed Unesco world heritage
Steeped in the history of Europe throughout the ages, the Notre-Dame cathedral attracts visitors from around the world, including believers and those who are simply curious.
Construction of the cathedral commenced in 1163 and lasted for nearly 2 centuries. Pope Alexander III laid the foundation stone of this major religious monument, in the presence of King Louis VII.
The cathedral has been a listed Unesco world heritage site since 1991 and was considered to be one of the largest cathedrals in the West when it was completed in 1345. Many historical religious events would later take place at Notre-Dame of Paris, such as the 1572 marriage of Margaret of Valois and Henry of Navarre
Did you know? The kilomètre zéro of French roads is located on the square facing the entrance!
Cathédrale Notre Dame de Paris :
- 6 parvis Notre-Dame – Place Jean Paul II – Paris 4ème
- Every day, 8:00 – 18:45 (Saturday and Sunday : 19:15)
- Metro : Line 4, Cité ou Saint Michel Stations – Lines 1 and 11, Hôtel de Ville Station – Line 10, Maubert-Mutualité or Cluny La Sorbonne Stations – Lines 7, 11 and 14, Châtelet Stations
- RER: Lines B and C, Saint-Michel – Notre-Dame Station
- Notre-Dame de Paris: further information
Hotel Britannique Paris, Charming Hotel Paris, 3 star Hotel Paris