The exhibition Tragédiennes de l’Opéra honors the memory of opera singers, which opera and the Palais Garnier owe them a lot. Extravagant and mysterious, these divas knew considerable success, even internationally for some of them. Entirely to their art, to composers and their public, they have captivated many music fans.
Organized by the Paris National Opera and the Bibliothèque Nationale de France, this exhibition revives the memory of some of these exceptional women such as Rose Caron, Gabrielle Krauss, Sybil Sanderson, Lucienne Breval or Aino Ackté, Emma Calvé, Mary Garden… they all were outstanding actresses with their voices and acting.
The rotunda of the Palais Garnier has been staged. Many objects, jewelry, model costumes, photographs and rare documents illustrate the splendor of opera. You will enjoy this beautiful exhibition until September 25, 2011.
PALAIS GARNIER :
- Exposition Tragédiennes de l’Opéra (1875-1939) jusqu’au 25 septembre 2011
- Until September 25, 2011 – Every day from 10 :00 to 18:00
- Detailed Information: Tragédiennes de l’Opéra (1875 – 1939)
- At the corner of the Rue Scribe and the Rue Auber – Paris 9ème
- Metro: Opera, lines n° 3 , 7, 8
- RER : Auber station, line A.
Hotel Britannique Paris, Charming Hotel Paris, 3 star Hotel Paris