Fête de la Musique, great popular feast for all
The first edition of the Fête de la Musique was organized in 1982 and only a few artists have participated in this event. Since then, this celebration has become essential, and an event not to be missed! More and more music lovers attend each year and come to hear music in the streets and many other sites of the city.
In 2010, the Fête de la Musique was celebrated in over 450 cities in 116 countries!
The Overseas and its musical cultures celebrated at the Fête de la Musique 2011
The Fête de la Musique is traditionally celebrated on June 21, on the summer solstice’s day. As part of the Overseas’ year, the musical overseas’ cultures will be celebrated.
As a universal language, music brings together all people of all ages, all genres and from all countries. Artists and music lovers everywhere will meet in France and around the world.
Be too of the party and participate in the very numerous concerts which will be given to various places of the capital. There will be music for everyone! The Fête de la Musique will be full of colours and musical notes from around the world.
According to the formula which has become a slogan: Make Music! come and discover new talents and share beautiful moments!
Fête de la Musique 2011, online program
See detailed program on the following page: Fête de la Musique 2011.
To view the program anytime and anywhere, download the application Fête de la Musique 2011 on your mobile (Apple or Android): here.
Some examples of concerts of the Fête de la Musique planned in the 1st district of Paris
- 16:00 – Jardin du Palais Royal, access via Rue de Montpensier: Music of the 3 oceans, the richness and diversity of overseas’ music.
- 18:00 – Fontaine des Innocents, Les Halles: traditional Chinese music.
- 19:00 – Le Baiser Salé, 58 rue des Lombards : Overseas’ Jazz – Tiss Rodriguez (contemporary jazz), then with Roman Berguins (organ) Swaëli M’Bappé (bass), Clarence Revil (voice)…
- 20:00 – Eglise Saint-Roch, 296, rue Saint-Honore: Vivaldi, choral and orchestra.
- 22:00 – Musée du Louvre under the Pyramid: Orchestre de Paris conducted by Paavo Järvi – Schumann Symphony No. 3…
and much more available on the online program.
Fête de la Musique 2011 in Paris, detailed information
- Tuesday 21 juin 11
- Detailed Information: here.
Hotel Britannique Paris, Charming Hotel Paris, 3 star Hotel Paris