In the 18th district, the Place des Abbesses has the look of a village with its little retro atmosphere.
It is adorned with a Wallace fountain, an art nouveau canopy designed by the architect Guimard at the metro station, and a pretty square where it is nice to come for a relaxing break among trees, shrubs and roses… and much more to share a sweet moment of complicity with your lover in front of a very special wall: I love you: the wall.
This wall is special and unique because…
- it is a hymn to love, you will see the simplest and most beautiful message of love I love you, written in over 300 languages and dialects,
- it is large (40 m²!) and built with more than 500 lava glazed tiles,
- it is also a beautiful image of peace, a link between people.
I love you : The Wall is the common work of Frederick Baron, a musician-songwriter, and Claire Kito, artist-calligrapher.
If you come to Paris, do not miss this lovely and romantic unusual site in the heart of Montmartre!
Mur des Je t’aime :
- Square Jehan Rictus
- Place des Abbesses – Paris 18ème
- Metro : Abbesses (line 12)
- Free of access
- Detailed information : here.
The Hotel Britannique Paris, Romantic Paris Hotel, 3* Hotel Paris
welcomes you to Paris, the capital of lovers, for a romantic stay.